Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Room 689: Karaoke!


Yes, people still do this. I participated in this ritual yesterday. I mean actively...as in, I sang. More than once. Questions about alcohol quantity are filling your brain, aren't they? I only had one beer and that was at the sushi place (Sushi and Karaoke? I guess it was Japanese Stereotype Night. But no, I was not dressed as an Anime character). What did I sing? Most people were doing standards and Broadway stuff so I had to be a sliver of rebelliousness and do rock songs. First I sang "Where is My Mind?" by The Pixies (Side note: just saw a documentary on The Pixies reunion tour. After their first show of the tour, Kim Deal came offstage and immersed her hand in the ice tub filled with bottled water. She also had a mean-ass blister on one of her fingers. I feel her pain...sort of. As I'm typing this the tip of my index finger on my left hand is tingly numb from my bass lessons...Bass Lessons! I got my job to pay for lessons as a part of a "professional development fund"...suckers). I then did backup as my friend sang The Dixie Chicks "I'm Not Ready to Make Nice" (More rebellion: Country!) And then I finished the evening (or my portion of the evening that ended at 9) with a rousing rendition of Hole's "Miss World". I hate to toot my own horn but I was pretty good. So toot toot, motherfuckers!

Amenities of Room 689: Complimentary Mr. Microphone. Room Service Spicy Tuna Roll Special. Neck pillow for more comfortable Headbanging.

No comments: