Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Room 1036: No!No!

So you say you love the smell of burnt hair? Well have I got a product for you! No!No! (yep, that's the name) is the at home hair removal system. Sorry, Professional At Home Hair Removal System. I know, if it's "at home", is it really "professional"? I'll take their marketing for it.
I first saw No!No! (isn't that adorable?) featured on Today. And promptly went to Sephora and bought one. Damn you, Today Show! (You can't see me right now but I'm shaking my fist.) The No!No! looks suspiciously like an electric razor (No!No! comes in different colors. I chose bright pink...yep, because if you're going to be vain, make a ChickLit statement. Pour yourself a Sour Apple Martini, discuss length vs. girth, and enjoy the odor!). The fancy little set also comes complete with long hair blades, stubble blades, a "Buffer" for buffing away hair parts, a cleaning brush and a bag to put it in. So you can take it with you and No!No! on the go. Because we often have spare hours in the day to slowly and methodically incinerate hair off our bodies.
Here's the technical lowdown as I understand it: a magic wire heats up, decapitating the hair shaft and a blade scraps the top layer of dead skin while you inhale it all. The instructional DVD suggests that you start with a flat surface. Well, body flat as in legs and arms. After you master the slow glide (watch that indicator light, kids!), you graduate to knees, pits, and bikini. It warns you not to use it on your face (Really? No burning wire on my face? Huh.) as well as your nipples or genitals. And I will leave that last part right where it is.
I've used it twice (it's perfect to use during non-essential TV like tonight's AFI 10 Top 10s where I had to keep putting down the No!No! to write down what movies I haven't seen...like most of the the top ten epics, gangster movies, and westerns). So far it works. It shaves the hair and apparently in a few months it is supposed to reduce the density of the hair. ChickLit moment: Oh my God, my hair is fat, too?

Amenities of Room 1036: Glade candles, Netflix copy of Titanic, and an old unused razor dispenser.

No comments: