Sunday, July 4, 2010

Room 442: 11:30pm On A Saturday Night

There's not much on TV.  When you don't have cable.  Here's the rundown:

Rerun of Saturday Night Live with Drew Barrymore.  I've seen it already so I'll move on. 

TMZ with video of Kid n Play talking about Mel Gibson.  Megan Fox kissing a dolphin.  And a really annoying voice over guy.  So annoying that I have new respect for Tom Bergeron's voice overs on America's Funniest Home Videos.  

Oprah rerun with Kirstie Alley.  I'm always a wee bit disappointed when Oprah isn't doing a self-helpy episode.  But thank goodness it's not a depressing one.  I once turned over and she was interviewing a guy whose mother used to whore him out to strange men.  And he was like ten.  So Oprah likes to renew our spirit but first she wants you to loathe humanity.  

Ad for ThermoSpas.  It's a rectangular hot tub that has super current jets on one end so that you can "swim in place" for exercise.  Looks like there's even a treadmill? in it so that you can walk in water.  And of course, two captain chairs moulded into the fiberglas with massage jets.  Fits twelve adults!  

The Wanda Sykes Show.  On right now is Tim Bagley.  He is a Groundlings alumni who used to be on Will & Grace and was once on my flight from New York to LA.  

CSI New York.  There's a corpse hanging from the ceiling with a game of Hangman painted on the wall.  Gary Sinise says, "Give me some time and I'll fill in the blanks." Cue The Who! 

And cue me turning off the TV and going to bed. 

Amenities of Room 442: Complimentary O Magazine.  Whirlpool tub. Broken remote control.

No comments: