Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Room 1295: Tour Eiffel - Paris 2003

I wasn't going to lie to myself. I was going to Paris and I was going to be a tourist. Never been - had to hit the highlights. And I worked it, too. That three day museum pass was begging for mercy by the time I hit Le Centre Pompidou. So to give it and me a little mini vacay from art-going, I headed to the Eiffel Tower. And stood in line. And this was November, mind you. Only two "legs" open. But I was bound and determined to go to the top. Because, hell, I was there and I wouldn't have been the good little tourist I was and not conquer the metallic beast. After surviving the Eiffel Tower miniatures-key chain-lighters vender gauntlet, I got to the elevator. I was psyched. It was a sunny day for November and the view should be tres magnifique. Well, somewhere between the ground and the sky, clouds decided to sight-see in Paris as well. I barely had time to look over the side when the ominous fog came rolling towards the 7th arrondissement. Soon the Seine was covered along with everything else. Pictures of the ground were useless. But coming around the other side, I saw a vision that made it all worth it.


Amenities of Room 1295: Metro ticket littered carpet. Discarded blister bandages. Beaucoup memories.

No comments: