Monday, June 1, 2009

Room 896: Writer's Block

Instead of writing I've been watching more PBS pledge specials (Excuses Begone! with Dr. Wayne Dyer. I took a shitload of notes and briefly considered typing them up. Maybe just the affirmations. Or maybe I'll come up with some excuse not to.), listening to my iPod obsessively (I've been having brief bouts of insomnia, most likely stress-induced. So I've been listening to music at bed time. But what I want to listen to is Punk and that's not very serene. Needless to say I then had Antsy-ness on top of my Insomnia. And the next morning I had lovely pronounced dark circles under my eyes...you know, like when you take NyQuil.), and taking a lot of random/useless Facebook quizzes. Ah yes, the Facebook quiz. Here are some of my results:

Disney Quotes? Obsessed (I totally guessed on most of this...don't judge me!)
Jane Austen Character? Anne Elliott from Persuasion
Past Life Career? Jester
Past Life Person? Marilyn Monroe (So I was a Sexy Jester!)
Disneyland Ride? Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (You know, the ride where you pull muscles in your shoulders?)
Type of Artist? Eccentric Artist
True Theatre Calling? Triple Threat (My acting is not as threatening as the singing and dancing...)
Black Books Character? Bernard (I'm a grumpy drunk Irishman)
Kind of Hipster? Supreme Being (what does that mean? I don't know but there's a pic of John Lennon so I'll take it.)
Bowie Identity? Folk/Hippie Bowie (and I would have been proud of any Bowie Identity because Bowie.)
Patronus? A Dog
Hogwarts House? Ravenclaw (Where are my fellow Ravies at?)
True Age? 18 (I'm legal!)
Soul Age? Very Old (Wait. What?)
Kind of Soul? A Raven (Where are my fellow Ravies at?)
Shakespeare Character? Viola from Twelfth Night (minus the drag)
Musical Theatre Leading Lady? Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd (aka the Meat Pie Lady)
Muppet? Kermit the Frog
Greek God? Apollo (Reminds me of a high school drama skit where I said "Apollo is like a total babe.")
Political Idealogy? Very Liberal (no surprise there)
Dog? Doberman (kind of butch but whatever.)
Joss Whedon character? Faith (this was surprising and yet kick-ass!)
Writer? Jack Kerouac
Disney Princess? Cinderella (Doesn't quite fit with Jack Kerouac, does it?)
Punk Rock star? Patti Smith (Hell Yeah!)
Where should I be living? Seattle
Secret Inner Nationality? German (I would have bet money that I was Inner British. What with all the Monty Python in my formative years and my mad love for Liverpool Football Club. And of course, my obsessive watching of BBC America. Hotel Inspector? Sure! I'll watch...with a stein of beer.)

I still don't feel completely self-actualized yet. Perhaps I can find a How Many More Years Will You Be Single Because You Don't Turn Off Your Computer? quiz...

Amenities of Room 896: I got nothing.

No comments: